Views - No Results
The no results behavior is for when your view does not return any results.
It is perfectly normal and acceptable for your view to have a situation, especially with filters, where no results are returned. To deal with a no results situation, views has a no results behavior.
To add a no results behavior, navigate to your view and click advanced.
|The add button will add a no results behavior.|
Clicking the add button for no results takes you to the add behaviors overlay.
|Your overlay might be different, just slightly.|
Although there are several options for no results behavior, several really do not apply.
No results behaviors, that really do nothing.
- Global: Messages - On a simple Drupal site this does nothing for a no results behavior
- Global: Result summary - This can give you a summary of your view like the start and end records and the number of items per page. If your view is returning nothing, these provide nothing.
- Global: Result summary with additional token to change the items/page - Save as result summary but with an additional token, which provides little benefit to an empty view.
There are no results behavior that do something!
- Global: Text area - This is a free form text area that allows to put in a nice message if the view returns nothing. Text formats can be applied.
- Global: Unfiltered text - This is similar to the global text area but with no hindrance from a text format. Its a free for all, and anything goes.
- Global: View area - If your view returns nothing, you can display another view in its place. This can be great, but be advised, nested views can quickly escalate to a problem.